On this page:
- Tabular warehouse using an AWS S3 storage profile
Tabular enables you to mirror warehouse databases and tables into Glue. In turn this enables any system that integrates with the Glue catalog to read Tabular managed Iceberg tables.
- This is a one-way replication; mirrored tables should be considered read-only. Any changes you make to the tables directly from Glue do not update in Tabular, and may be overwritten by succeeding changes. by future changes.
- Glue does not leverage Tabular’s permission system to access tables. We recommended you use IAM permissions directly to restrict access as needed.
- Glue has only a single catalog per region, so mirroring multiple warehouses is not advised due to possible namespace conflict.
- This is available only for warehouses using customer-owned and -managed S3 Storage Profiles. It is not available for any other warehouse, such as the auto-provisioned sandbox warehouse.
You can enable Glue Mirroring on the warehouse Settings page.
Enable Glue Mirroring
- In the Glue mirroring section, click the toggle to set it to Enabled
- Click Apply Changes.
View Databases/Tables in Glue
In the AWS Console in the region where your warehouse is located, navigate to Glue Databases and verify that the databases/tables in your warehouse are visible.
Query your Iceberg tables
After verifying the tables are visible in Glue, you can query them using engines such as Redshift.